- Do It Yourself: On a budget with a goal to gift something from the heart? DIY is your best friend. Whether it’s for your best friend or your spouse, gift them with “Open When” Letters, a jar full of memories you have shared, a box of date night ideas are just a few ideas you can come up with. Scour to the ends of Pinterest to find guaranteed ideas for gifts on a budget that are genuinely thoughtful.
Open When Letters, The Dating Divas
- His & Hers: There’s simply nothing wrong with indulging in gifts that celebrate the relationship you have with your significant other. Embrace your inner #powercouple selves and gift His & Her t-shirts! They are a sure way to bring out a touch of laughter and playfulness to the day! Zizag.lk has sweet deals for romantic t-shirts!
Devil & Angel Couple T-Shirts, zigzag.lk
- Dinner: With hotels all around the city putting out Valentine’s Day Dinner offers, leave all the worries at home and reserve a dinner for two or more! Twist this option for a completely money-free dinner by entering into the draw to win a dinner for two by amanté! Click here for more information!
- Lingerie: Cupid tested and cupid-approved, lingerie is a sweet and intimate gesture for a couple. Whether that be as soft as sleep chemise and robe or sensual as a babydoll, it’s a gift of the season! Browsing for stunningly playful Valentine’s lingerie? View our Sweet Allure Collection below!
- Framed photograph: Stay in line with stunningly genuine gifts from the heart and frame a beautiful photograph of family, friends or just a couple with a Valentine’s theme! Anim8 is offering love-struck options for framed photographs and you can view them here!
Valentine's Speical, anim8.lk
- Beauty Gifts: Most girls love a good beauty gift pack. This need not be a set of matte lipsticks or eyeliner, it can even be a set of body care essentials such as perfume lotions and scents.
- Wine: All good conversation starts with wine and is an ideal gift to bring to dinner or gift to friends and family. Red or white, wrap a bottle that they will be sure to celebrate!
- Adventure: Celebrating the season is beyond the tangible gifts. Immerse yourself in the excitement of adventure and plan a trip with friends, family or just each to the wilderness of the island. No time to plan? Leave the planning to the experts and join this start-up of adventure-themed trips all over the island: Long Weekend Sri Lanka.
- An Oven-Baked Love: Effort need not be in the form of money. Spend some time in the kitchen bake some cookies, brownies, cupcakes or cakes for anyone with a sweet tooth. This is a gift that won’t go wasted with anyone! Have a health-conscious friend or spouse? You will find endless healthy recipes that will still hit the sweet spot!
Valentine’s Day gifts need not be an expensive affair. There is more appreciation for gifts from the heart. This year, feel free to say no to the expensive jewelry and the salary-stealing holiday but indulge in life’s simple pleasures.