Balancing Mental & Physical Well-Being
Strong is the New Beautiful is a series of articles written by Akushla Emma De Silva showcasing her strides sport and education. Her journey to success is one to be inspired by. This is the second of the five series articles. Read the first, third, fourth and fifth.
As a very active university student, it is tough to balance all the important things in your life. But having a positive mindset and healthy outlook helps keep me moving. Here are some tips from my everyday life:
- Drink more water. Most people do not drink enough water and it is such a simple fix for many issues in our lives.
- Spend more time outside. Whether you're stuck in a class or an office all day, try and make some time after or in between to enjoy your surroundings.
- Try and do something for someone else every day. Whether it is as small as holding the door open or giving a compliment, you never know how it can positively affect someone.
- Be more organized, both physically and mentally. From cleaning your desk space to organizing your schedule for the week, organizing will keep you more on top of things and allow you to accomplish more.
- Build and secure your connections. Talk to your friends and family more often and give yourself time to spend time with them as well.
- Volunteer for new opportunities. Whether it is volunteering at a local charity, or at some event, try out new experiences that serve you and those around you.
- Find new hobbies. There are endless possibilities of things to do, find something that makes you happy and stick with it.