The holiday party season will soon be among us, and it is that time of the year where we all dress to impress! Surviving the festivities without the additional caloric gains is tough, but not impossible. Avoid the overindulgence and stay fit for the coming year with these top tips!
1. Pre-Planning Before the Party – On the day of the big party, don’t skip out on meals in hopes that it will justify the indulging feast at the event! Opt for a healthy breakfast such as oatmeal or a veggie omelet to keep you full for hours. Have a healthy snack before the party, so you aren’t tempted to overindulge.
2. Non-Alcoholic Hydration – While most of us don’t drink the required 6-8 glasses of water, make it a point to hydrate the day of and after the big celebrations. Avoid mistaking hunger for simply thirst, to let go of the temptation for sugary platters.
3. Workout – while sticking to the usual workout is tough during the busy season, focus on cardio if you want to stave off the extra pound. Fit in three sessions per week, with high intense interval training (HIIT) workouts, and don’t feel guilty about the celebratory wine or the indulgent cake.
4. Fun, Not the Food – focus on your family, friends, and the fun around you as opposed to the buffet table. Spend time with individuals who you don’t get to see all the time, and surround yourself with the holiday cheer!
5. Make an Exception, Not Exceptions – staying healthy doesn’t mean turning a blind eye at the decadent cakes and cookies or divine appetizers. Opt for portion control, and moderate your indulgence. Have a slice of cake, or a cookie or two, and avoid multiple servings. After all, the holidays are meant to be enjoyed!
It’s hard to resist the favorite date cake or the minced pies and marzipan treats as the year comes to a close! However, don’t let your temptations drown out all the hard work put into trying to stay healthy. Looking for the ideal outfit to complement your physique? Read our blog post on Holiday Style Tips here!